Home & Property Insurance
Home Insurance

Home & Property Insurance with Cluett Insurance

Protect What Matters Most

Our customers are unique, so we create home, condo, and tenant packages that satisfy their coverage and pricing needs. Count on Cluett for your home and property insurance. It’s smart to protect the place you call home.







home insurance

Home Insurance

Your home is one of your biggest investments, so it’s important to protect your home and belongings from the unexpected. Cluett Insurance is here to help you find the right coverage and build a policy that suits your needs.

Learn More

condo insurance

Condo Insurance

Condo insurance is designed to protect you in the event of damages – typically protecting the owner’s health, personal property, etc. Your condo corporation’s insurance generally covers the main structure and common areas. But your unit is your responsibility.

Learn More

tenant insurance

Tenant Insurance

Most landlords require renters to have tenant insurance. With tenant insurance, your belongings are covered. Something as simple as your friend visiting your apartment and falling down the stairs could be your fault, and without tenant insurance, you’re on the hook.

Learn More

Home & Property Insurance Coverage Options:

  • Boat and Marine
  • Income Properties
  • Seasonal Cottages
  • Condos
  • Mini/Mobile Homes
  • Tenant’s
  • Homes Under Construction
  • Properties in Storage
  • Vacant Homes


No. Unlike car insurance, it’s not mandatory by the government. If you have a mortgage on your property, usually the bank or lender will require you to have an active home insurance policy.

If you cannot afford to replace absolutely everything you own after an unforeseeable event, you should have home insurance.

Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your property like its foundation, frame, walls, and roof. Most home insurance policies will cover sudden and accidental damage to your home’s foundation. Things like leaks and wear and tear are typically not covered by your home insurance policy.

Review your home insurance policy with your broker if you are unsure what is covered under your policy.

Home insurance may cover roof damage, depending on what caused the damage. The dwelling coverage in a home insurance policy typically protects your home’s structure from covered perils, or caused damage. Commonly covered perils include fire, wind, and hail damage.

Keep in mind that you will likely need to pay a deductible before your insurance kicks in and your coverage limit will apply.

Note that some home insurance policies may have windstorms and hail exclusions. Read your policy or contact your insurance broker to learn more about what coverage you have.

Here are some steps to follow in the case of a claim:

  1. Call your insurance representative as soon as possible.
  2. Provide as much information about the circumstances and damage. Take photos if it is safe to do so.
  3. Keep all receipts and invoices for additional expenses after your loss. A claims specialist or adjuster (who is paid by your insurance company) will contact you to investigate and explain the next steps.
  4. Your insurance company will ask you to complete a “proof of loss” form.
  5. Review your policy and become familiar with specified deductibles, coverage limits, and replacement values. The amount you receive will depend on the type of coverage you have.

An insurance company can cancel your home insurance policy for a couple of different reasons, such as non-payment, change in risk, misrepresentation, or because that company stops servicing in a particular area.

There are a lot of different factors that go into determine the cost of home insurance. Here are some things to think about:

Your credit score – depending on your credit, insurance companies will offer you discounts. Some can be as high as 80%! If you have “bad” credit, you may not receive as big of a discount.

Updates – electrical, plumbing, heating, and roof updates will lower your premium.  For example, if your home was built in 1950 and you do not let your insurance broker know the electrical panel has been updated, you’ll be paying for the risk associated with an old electrical panel.