Complete Protection in Halifax
Made for Maritime Living and Thriving Industries
Live, work, and play at the heart of Nova Scotia. From its early days in maritime history to one of the most important commercial ports on the Atlantic seaboard, life in Halifax is fast-paced and exciting, complete with historic and scenic attractions. Explore Halifax, make it home, and invest in one of the Atlantic’s major business and lifestyle hubs. Protect your place here with the right insurance coverage made for the Maritimes.
A Legacy of Protecting the Maritimes
Family-Owned and Operated Insurance Brokerage in Halifax
For over 40 years now, Cluett Insurance is Atlantic Canada’s largest independent insurance brokerage. That’s over four decades of expertise in protecting life, property, and businesses in the Maritimes with insurance solutions made for maritime living.
With a long history rooted in Canada’s east coast, our insurance brokers bring expert, local knowledge of what matters most to you, and the best ways to protect them. Whether it’s your home on the shore or in nature, to your car, and investments in the region, trust Cluett insurance brokers to protect you from the most common and unexpected risks.
Get a Quote in Halifax
Ask Our Insurance Brokers
- Tell us about your assets: Do you live or own a cottage in Halifax’s famous coastal communities or fishing villages? Love weekend trailer adventures, or running a local business? Discover the widest range of insurance coverage options for protecting your assets from Canada’s most trusted providers.
- Get your custom-tailored coverage: Our guarantee is coverage tailored to your assets. Compare coverage options based on your needs and budget, and trust your dedicated Cluett insurance broker to build your custom, fully personalized coverage.
- Hassle-free claims process: Filing a claim? We make it easy and hassle-free, so you can focus on rebuilding your life and assets after an accident or disaster. Your insurance broker will also reassess and optimize your custom coverage to ensure future protection.
Your Insurance Coverage in Halifax
Tailored to Your Property, Life, and Assets. Tailored to Maritime Living.
Find the right insurance coverage for you — designed for your needs and budget, for maximum protection against the most common risks in the Maritimes. With expert local knowledge of life, property, and business in Halifax, Cluett Insurance offers the financial protection you need for total peace of mind. Let’s protect what matters most to you.
- Auto Insurance in Halifax
Coverage for the Road Ahead
Fasten your seatbelt and keep your hands on the wheel. Whether you’re driving to work in Halifax or off to adventure across Atlantic Canada, drive safely and confidently. Get coverage for every mile with auto insurance tailored to your commute and ride. From the most competitive rates to exclusive savings and bundles, get it all here only at Cluett.
Coverage for Every Vehicle
- Car Insurance: Coverage for your everyday ride, whether it’s a car, SUV, or other personal vehicle
- Motorcycle Insurance: Made for the unique risks of riding your big bike or cruiser in city traffic or the open road
- Trailer Insurance: Coverage for fun and adventure across Atlantic Canada
- Boat Insurance: Essential protection for your boat and watercraft in one of Canada’s major ports
What’s Covered in Auto Insurance
- Accident benefits: No-fault coverage for medical bills, lost wages, and other recovery expenses
- Direct compensation: Pays for damage to your vehicle
- Liability coverage: Covers legal fees and damages paid to other drivers and injured parties in an at-fault collision
- Uninsured and unidentified motorist: Covers damage to your vehicle and medical bills if the at-fault driver is un- or underinsured, or flees the scene
- Extended coverage: Extra protection for every mile with accident forgiveness, comprehensive coverage, and specified or all perils.
- Home Insurance in Halifax
Protect the Place You Call Home
Your home is more than the roof over your head — it includes all its contents and the people you share it with, a sign of a life well-built. Protect your home and the hard work that goes into it with insurance coverage tailored to your property. Whether it’s your home, cottage, or rental property, secure your place and investment.
Coverage for Every Home
- Homeowners insurance: Coverage for single-detached, duplex, or townhomes made for the entire family
- Condo insurance: Protection for your unit’s interiors and contents in high-rise living
- Tenant insurance: Coverage for everything you own in your rental home
- Seasonal cottage insurance: Protects your vacation home against increased risks of extended vacancies
- Income property insurance: Secure your property and income potential from both natural and tenancy hazards
- Home construction insurance: Keep home construction or major renovations on track with protection against risks and losses.
What Home Insurance Covers
- Dwelling: Coverage for damage to your home’s structure and attached or detached buildings
- Contents: Repair or replace lost and damaged furniture, appliances, and personal effects up to specified policy limits
- Additional living expenses: Provides for short-term rental and other living expenses while your home is under repair following an insured loss
- Extended coverage: For total peace of mind, protect your home against earthquakes, water damage, and other severe hazards.
- Commercial and Liability Insurance
Protecting Proudly Halifax-Owned and Made
As a business owner in eastern Canada’s major business hub, you’re no stranger to the competitive market and risks in Halifax. Secure your hard work and the future of business with comprehensive coverage. From coverage for capital assets to securing visionary company leadership, let’s build your custom commercial insurance plan.
Your Commercial Insurance Coverage
- Property insurance: Secures capital investments, including your store, equipment, and other physical assets against damage and loss
- General liability: Provides for legal fees, fines, and settlements when your business is held liable for harm caused to a customer
- Director’s and Officers: Protects your company’s vision and the leaders that drive it against claims alleging wrongful acts
- Professional liability: Secure your professional reputation and license against malpractice claims
- Commercial auto insurance: Claim accident benefits and liability coverage for company vehicles
- Cybersecurity insurance: Get liability coverage against cyber risks impacting customer data
- Business interruption: Coverage for financial losses due to insured hazards impacting regular operations.
- Life and Group Insurance
For Peace of Mind and Financial Security
Life insurance is your biggest investment — an enduring legacy of financial security and well-being to leave your loved ones with. Protect those who matter most to you against the most unexpected, devastating losses. Secure their financial future with the right life insurance coverage.
Complete Financial Protection
- Term life insurance: Protection when you need it, with a tax-free death benefit paid out to your family if you pass on within a specified term
- Whole life insurance: Lifetime protection, with investment and savings opportunities for an increased death benefit and financial security
- Group benefits: Life insurance and extended health and dental coverage at affordable rates for your employees or group
- Critical illness and disability: Access a lump-sum payment or income replacement for financial protection following a devastating accident or illness
- Estate planning and savings: Secure your financial future with smart investments for your retirement, estate, and heirs
- Travel: Explore the world with travel interruption and medical coverage.
Protect What Matters with Cluett
Insurance Brokers Dedicated to Halifax
- Committed to savings: Live life covered at the best rates, with savings and insurance bundles.
- Coverage that fits: Your personalized protection plan that grows with your life.
- Here for you: We’re in your community — proudly serving Halifax at just a call or visit away to speak with your insurance broker.